Sabbath June 07, 2014 - "The Promise"
. Gen 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
Gen 22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
· Abraham was promised that through his seed the earth would be blessed.
· The earth would be his inheritance.
· An innumerable multitude of his seeds of a righteous people would reap these promises.
· Dominion over the enemies is also a promise here.
2. Luk 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
Luk 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
Luk 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
· In Ancient times, Ancient cities were surrounded by walls. Such as Megiddo, Babylon, Jericho…etc.
· The land Satan claims is the grave and death is the gate to enter his land. The wages of sin is death.
3. 1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
· It was Christ Jesus that spoiled the principalities and powers of our enemies.
4. Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
· Satan once had dominion over us because of sin, and the wages of sin is death.
5. Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
· Jesus holds the keys to the gate now.
6. Psa 118:20 This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.
· When many awake from the dust of the earth to everlasting life, they will comprehend that promise, and shall be blessed.
7. Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
· What type of earth will the meek inherit?
· A restored earth.
8. Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
· All promises are conditional, and have always been based on obedience.
· “because thou hast obeyed my voice.” Gen 22:18
9. Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
· Notice it says “seed” singular. The Seed is Christ.
· What was Abraham and his seed going to inherit?
10. Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
· Abraham was a sojourner in the lands, and he dwelled in tabernacles (which are tents).
11. Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
Heb 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
Heb 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
Heb 11:12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
· Note in the above passage that he Abraham looked for this glorious city which had foundations and whose builder and maker of it is GOD.
12. Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
· Remember what John wrote down at the Island of Patmos in Rev 21:2
13. Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
· Church what is going to qualify us to be part of and a receiver of those promises?
14. Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
· We are to be Christ’s
15. Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
· The promises are fulfilled in Christ. Not by being in a lineage.
16. Eze 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
· The LORD has promised us a blessing of a restored earth free from our enemies and sin.
17. Pro 10:30 The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.
18.Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
19. 2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.