Sabbath August 18, 2012 - "The Kingdom of God part 3" ...Lord, Lord
Sermon notes 8-18-12
Kingdom of God Part 3
1. Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
· Living out your life to emulate Christ is of the great importance, and not just proclaiming and boasting of your self-righteous works.
· You need to build your life on the Rock of Christ, or your life will fall apart as the sand upon a moving sea.
2. Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
· Self cannot be possessed and yet still believe you can enter the kingdom of God.
3. Mat 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
· In looking at Matthew 7:21-23 you will see these wolves in sheep clothing express that they know Him.
· Miracles mean nothing.
· Satan will perform so called miracles when he begins to roar like a lion, because he knows his time is short.
· Jesus will say in those days “depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
4. Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
· Again we see they will say Lord, Lord, but upon that day the Lord does not recognize them as they don’t have His Father’s name written in their foreheads.
· We have to trim those lamps so they stay burning, so that your light radiates through the darkness of this fallen world. You have to open your heart and receive those great blessings of the Holy Spirit.
· The Holy Spirit is your oil.
· Where there is no oil as the channel of fuel the light will eventually burn out. The preparation of one’s heart begins by the Holy Spirit. His Spirit is casting the light of His Word to us that we may become prepared in His Word, which is a lamp unto our feet. Our Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, is the One that changes our very characters into that perfect image of Christ.
5. Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
· Grieve away His Spirit and you would have failed in being a co-laborer for Christ Jesus in going out to seek, and save those that are lost.
· It is by the Holy Spirit that God’s Law and Word becomes illuminated in your soul.
· Your changing of character can be a witness to this world.
· Remember all good gifts come from above, and the light you are carrying came from heaven friends.
6. Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
· God is the originator of the Light we carry.
· We are only vessels praying to reflect His light, which is given to all His children.
7. Hos 8:2 Israel shall cry unto me, My God, we know thee.
· Jesus will say to many that cry out to Him… “I know you not, I don’t know you.”
8. Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
· There’s going to be tares among the wheat proclaiming to have been doing the very work of God, but they never manifested the fruits of Christ.
· They (hearers) never manifested the character of our dear Saviour.
· Every single soul is precious to our Saviour.
9. Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
· Jesus said to do what is written in the law. This do and thou shalt live.
10. Psa 119:18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
11. Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
12.Jer 5:21 Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:
· Seeing and hearing, without action profits nothing.
· Empty self so that your character will reflect the image of Christ when you look into that mirror/glass (Ten Commandments).
· Reflect the glory of the Lord.
· Empty self and “be filled with the Spirit.” (Eph 5:18)
13.Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
· Pray without ceasing!
14.1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
· If you practice sin, you will not enter His Kingdom of everlasting glory.
· Remember always brethren that you have been bought with a price. You are not own, but ye be Christ’s.
15. 1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
16.1Co 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
· If we can eat and drink to His glory, then we should conclude that we can also eat and drink not to His glory.
· We need to reach a higher standard knowing our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. We need to change our sinful characters to His character (Christ’s), so that we may be His subjects in His Kingdom of glory.
· We need to reach a higher standard knowing our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. We need to continue each and every day to glory God in our bodies, and in spirit, which are God’s: knowing that we have been bought with a price.
· Unrighteousness will not enter the kingdom.
· The very fruits of selfishness will close the door to His kingdom and you will not inherit the kingdom of God.
· Repent, and sin no more.
17. Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
· So what do we have to do to inherit all things that the Lord has prepared for us?
18.Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things;
· Overcome your sins through Christ Jesus who strengthens you.
19.Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
· Keep His Law.